An ongoing investigation has shut down the Proctor high school grades 9-12 football program. Proctor schools have confirmed an investigation underway involving their high school football team.
Police were alerted Friday to the incident, that allegedly took place in the locker room.
Principal Tim Rohweder in an announcement wrote, “Due to an ongoing investigation into alleged student misconduct with our football program all . . . activities will be paused and postponed beginning 9-21-21 until the investigation is complete.”
Superintendent John Engelking said in a statement, “Proctor Public Schools has been made aware of student misconduct on the Proctor High School Football Team. The Proctor Police Department is currently investigating the misconduct with the full cooperation of Proctor Public Schools. At this point, the specific allegations and the nature of the complaint are not public data. Because student data is protected under the Minnesota Data Privacy Act and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), we can’t comment further on the investigation.”
Proctor’s Police Chief Kent Gaidis said that they are seeking information. “The more witnesses that come forward the faster we can have a resolution for our side and the school,” he wrote in an email.
You can contact the School Resource Officer Matt Riebel with any information or the Proctor Police: 218-624-7788.
Proctor varsity was to host Aitkin this week and travel to Pine City on Oct. 1. The Rails have lost their past four games by a score of 182-30. Homecoming is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 8 against Hermantown.
Last week an alleged incident took place at the Esko-Proctor football game. Unconfirmed reports say a younger Esko kid accidentally tripped a PHS senior who in turn retaliated with a punch.