Skip to content

Alleged incident shuts down PHS football

An ongoing investigation has shut down the Proctor high school grades 9-12 football program. Proctor schools have confirmed an investigation underway involving their high school football team.

 

Police were alerted Friday to the incident, that allegedly took place in the locker room.

 

Principal Tim Rohweder in an announcement wrote, “Due to an ongoing investigation into alleged student misconduct with our football program all . . . activities will be paused and postponed beginning 9-21-21 until the investigation is complete.”

 

Superintendent John Engelking said in a statement, “Proctor Public Schools has been made aware of student misconduct on the Proctor High School Football Team.  The Proctor Police Department is currently investigating the misconduct with the full cooperation of Proctor Public Schools. At this point, the specific allegations and the nature of the complaint are not public data.  Because student data is protected under the Minnesota Data Privacy Act and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), we can’t comment further on the investigation.”

 

Proctor’s Police Chief Kent Gaidis said that they are seeking information. “The more witnesses that come forward the faster we can have a resolution for our side and the school,” he wrote in an email.

 

You can contact the School Resource Officer Matt Riebel with any information or the Proctor Police: 218-624-7788.

 

Proctor varsity was to host Aitkin this week and travel to Pine City on Oct. 1. The Rails have lost their past four games by a score of 182-30.   Homecoming is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 8 against Hermantown.

 

Last week an alleged incident took place at the Esko-Proctor football game. Unconfirmed reports say a younger Esko kid accidentally tripped a PHS senior who in turn retaliated with a punch.

3 Comments

  1. Luke carlson on September 23, 2021 at 3:54 pm

    Good afternoon, Any child involved in this terrible happening should not be allowed back in school until a full investigation is completed!! To have this child show up in my daughters class this morning the day after day after the accusations and before a proper investigation was finished is putting my child in possible danger!! How dare the school and the city of proctor try to sweep this under the rug!! I am very close to pulling my daughter out of school and speaking with my lawyer about the absolute neglect of my child’s and all other students safety. The way you are handling this “issue” is disgusting and inexcusable!!!

    • W.A. on September 30, 2021 at 8:00 am

      Absolutely, undeniably, frightfully disgusting.

      There’s a special place for an adult that allows such a vile act to take place, and an even more special place for a group of specimens that carried out such a vile act.

      If this doesn’t result in jail time for any attackers, and those complicit, the football program should be gutted and any resources rerouted to crisis response and education.

      If the victim reads this, man…. I’m so incredibly sorry your fellow classmates turned on you. The world is better than that, and highschool is an evil I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. I’m pullin for ya, and don’t take any guff from these swine.

  2. Keith on October 5, 2021 at 6:30 am

    It’s so sad…obviously the kids who did this
    Horrific crime is result of rich parents who are connected..they should be prosecuted to full extent of the law..registered sex offenders for life…people need to speak up..your kids are in danger from these pedophiles..charges should be brought in Adult court..there should be no PLEA BARGAINING IN THIS CASE…ST.CLOUD..

Leave a Comment